Sunday, February 17, 2013


The hand signal for hang loose. I feel like there is a reason why that's the signal for hang loose but I've never been a surfer and I don't feel like looking it up so I guess it will remain a mystery to me. I think that I took the color exaggeration a bit to far with this one. The arm and the wrist look like they belong to a corpse. 
Another day another portrait copy. This time from the painter John Singer Sargent. He was an amazing artist and one that I have admired for years. One of the problems with copying some of his paintings is a lot of his subjects are snobby looking rich people or there children. But this painting that I've chosen to copy is of some anonymous Egyptian girl. This is going to be another three hour copy and this is hour one.

No comments:

Post a Comment