Sunday, February 3, 2013

 Something a little simpler for a change. No figure here, just the cloth and that made this picture much easier to work on. I was able to spend more time working on getting the folds and the color right and not have to worry about any kind of figure giving me any issues. Although the picture looks a little boring without a figure in it I think that the cloth study came out pretty good.
After about five hours I think I'm going to call him done. I considered giving some more time to the clothes and and background but that wasn't the focus of the piece so I decided to leave the clothes pretty rough and just add some flat colors to the background. After working on this piece I think I have a better idea where my strengths and weaknesses are when it comes to portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment