Saturday, March 2, 2013

One of the more difficult things to get past when painting skin is how many cool tones I end up using. If I think about it it kind of makes sense since veins are blue and there are a lot of those in the human body. This foot is a bit more messy and unfinished than I would have liked but I kind of like that look any way. 
Hour two of Lady Helen. Added color and refined the face shape. I think that her necklace might be kind of tricky to paint but we'll see.
So this will be my 200th post on this blog and six months since I started posting every day so I decided to draw something kind of fun to celebrate. In the last six months I have improved dramatically, I have become more confidant with my drawing and painting skills. When I started this blog I didn't actually think that I would be able to stick with it but I started to notice the change in my skill level and now I think that I'll keep this blog going for a couple more years and maybe by then I'll have a job as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment