Monday, March 4, 2013

Another day another foot. One artist (I don't remember who exactly) said that the human body repeats itself often with just a slight change in proportion. Arms and legs have very similar construction with different proportions to accommodate a particular task; feet and hands have a similar relationship. If you where to extend the metacarpals and shorten the phalanges on a hand you would have a foot ( Okay I'm oversimplifying it a lot). Just one of the things that makes sense now that I've been studying hands and feet. 
So I've painting like mad for the last couple of weeks so I'm going to post a finished portrait every other day so that I can get through the queue a bit faster. This is two hours into a portrait of Genelle Williams who plays Leena on Warehouse 13. She looks a bit old in at this point but the wrinkles get toned down and her hair gets more color over the last hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment