Monday, March 25, 2013

 Staring on copying issue 2 now and I went back to faces because the issue is very exposition heavy. When they where writing the dialogue for this issue they got a little carried away, none of it is bad I think that they just got a little carried away.
Every once and a while I do a painting and some concept or idea that I've been struggling with just clicks and this happened while I was working on this painting. The painting itself is good, not great but good, but I was playing with color and had a epiphany about how the color and light would look on the rocks. Before this I would have painted them blue because that's what they look like in the original photo but here I painted them a pale purple and placed them next to the saturated orange. This gave the appearance of blue but looked believable in a way that just painting strait up blue wouldn't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment