Saturday, November 3, 2012

 I love the pose here, it's very theatrical. I kind of imagine he's giving some sort of great Shakespearean speech. A lot of the muscles and anatomy on this are well defined even though the drawing itself isn't quite as finished as I would have liked. If I had had more time I would have spent it on the face and given him a ground shadow to really give him the feeling of standing on something rather than floating in a grey space.
Another translucency study this time using bat wings. This was difficult because of all the little veins that are in the wings and the way that they interact with the light. There these little lines that are just slightly less translucent than the skin around them so it took me a minute to figure out how to paint them. Using an overlay layer and darker tone seemed to work pretty good. As usual this took an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment