Tuesday, November 13, 2012

 Some foreshortening practice on this one. This one took me a bit longer than I would have liked because of the foreshortening. Because of that parts of the figure aren't finished and there are no highlights. Also I feel like the whole figure is a bit to dark. Part of that is that the picture I was working from was kind of dark and part of it is that I spent most of my time struggling with the foreshortening. Despite that I like this figure and think that its pretty good in light of the fact that I struggle with foreshortening.
This is a copy I did of a painting by a guy named Anders Zorn. The whole thing took about four hours I would have liked to get some color in this copy but I try to stick to my time limits other wise I never seem to finish a painting. Besides that I think that this is a good copy, the figure and all the background elements are close to the original. The lighting was the main reason that I picked this piece to copy and I think that I successfully copied the feel of the lights in this scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment